Deer Valley Ski Resort News:
New but not new, Deer Valley Resort has been named the #1 ski resort in North America by the readers of SKI Magazine for 2011/12. This is the fifth year in a row! No other ski resort has earned this prestigious ranking more than three times in a row in the past. Remarkably, in the past eleven years, Deer Valley’s rating hasn’t dipped lower than third, with a #2 ranking in 2001/2002; a #1 ranking in 2002/2003; a #3 rating in 2003/2004; a #2 rating in 2004/2005; another #1 ranking in 2005/2006, a #2 rating in 2006/2007, and #1 rankings in the 2007/2008, 2008/2009, 2009/2010, 2010/2011 and now 2011/2012 seasons.
Aside from being named the #1 Resort overall out of 60 North American resorts, Deer Valley ranked winningly in many individual categories. Highlights included the Resort being given #1 ranking for grooming, service, weather, on-mountain food, lodging and dining. The Resort also received #2 rankings for lifts and access, and #3 rankings for digital presence and overall satisfaction.
For detailed information regarding ski resort rankings, visit Ski Magazine Online.
Deer Valley 2011/2012 Improvements Include:
• The purchase of four new SunKid conveyor lifts to transport beginner skiers and young children up the ski slopes more efficiently. Three will be on the Wide West ski run (one replacement and two new additions) and the fourth will replace an older conveyor lift in the Silver Lake area
• Moving the Snowflake chairlift 300 feet up hill. One of the new conveyor lifts will now carry children or beginner skiers from behind Snow Park Lodge to the Snowflake chairlift
• The addition of a permanent outdoor play area for the Children’s Center adjacent to Snow Park Lodge
• The creation of a new retail store, NextGen DV, featuring the latest in outerwear for Deer Valley’s “next generation” of skiers from toddlers to teens. A great selection of outdoor apparel and accessories will be available from Spyder, Volkl, Karbon, Marker, Bogner, Patagonia, Rossignol and many other brands. NextGen DV will be located in the retail space formerly occupied by Kindersport in Snow Park Lodge
• A new frozen yogurt shop called “Quincy’s Frozen Yogurt,” after one of Deer Valley’s mascots. Located in NextGen DV in Snow Park Lodge, Quincy’s will offer self-serve frozen yogurt and a tempting assortment of toppings
• The addition of four new snowcats to the Deer Valley fleet, two of which are Prinoth Beasts
• The addition of 41 energy-efficient snowguns for snowmaking
• The replacement of the snowmobile fleet (40 machines) at Summit Meadows Adventures with new equipment
Mont Cervin Condominiums’ News:
New this fall is a facelift for the common area hallways at Mont Cervin. The wood wainscoting has been touched up, the walls and ceilings have received a fresh coat of paint and new carpeting will be installed. Our one bedroom unit on the first floor is being totally remodeled. This unit will have new hardwood floors, new counter tops, new kitchen cabinets, new kitchen appliances, new bathrooms, and new furniture. We can hardly wait to see the final product and get photos onto the website. As the only one bedroom in the project, this unit should be in high demand for this coming winter season.
Mont Cervin now has three (3) three-bedroom units. Last summer the owner of unit 103 enclosed his loft to make a very nice third bedroom with its own private bathroom. This summer, the owners of unit 105, enclosed their loft to make a very spacious third bedroom with attached bath. They also put in some new and unique cement counter tops in all of the bathrooms. This now gives us three (3) three-bedroom units on the first floor.